VDA 2 is a complete rewrite of the original VDA project, in development since June 7, 2011. It is designed to be faster, stronger, more flexible, and easier to use. VDA 2 will have all of your favorite features from VDA 1, plus some new additions:
- Dynamic recent changes: This is what happens when Special:RecentChanges eats its spinach. Replace the recent changes with an powerful web application with lots of awesome features, including live updates, in-page diff viewing and reverting, a new and improved edit filtering system, and color-coded edits.
- Twinkle emulator: Mimic everyone's favorite Wikipedia script.
- Language detection: Visit a French Wikia, and VDA will magically become French. Translation is also less of a nightmare, since VDA 2 was made with i18n in mind.
- Skin compatibility: "Oh, we got both kinds...MonoBook and Oasis."
- All-in-one menu: All your VDA tools are now in the VDA menu, instead of scattered all over the page like in VDA 1.
- New plugin system: VDA 1's library system is now replaced with plugins. Developers can now make their own with ease, and if we like your plugin, we'll add it to the official directory!
Great! So...how can I help? Edit
Good question! For now, you can sit back and throw mud at FB100Z for not working fast enough. Alternatively, you can do this:
- Offer suggestions for new plugins
- Write your own plugins, since the core is basically finished
Planned DRC features Edit
DRC is the current primary focus of VDA. In short, it's the recent changes on steroids:
- Live updates: DRC will use AJAX and the MediaWiki APIs to fetch live updates. The user will be able to set the intervals at which the requests are made for performance purposes.
- Diff checking: The user can review and even revert edits in the RCs without ever leaving the page. The revert system will employ a variant of VDA Revert.
- Edit filtering: DRC should have all the features of the built-in RCs, plus the ability to filter out a particular user's edits. It should also be possible for the user to hide each edit manually.